Thursday, September 19, 2013

Women in Power

Hello Everyone

It is true that I believe that women are weaker than men, but I did not say they would not help make up a well run government. Women are much gentler and calmer than men which gives them the advantage to make good decisions when it comes to government. I once said about women in government, "their very weakness gives them more gentleness and moderation, which, rather than the harsh and ferocious virtues, can make for a good government." If I were to be given the opportunity to speak with Secretary Clinton and Speaker Pelosi, I would have to admit that their leadership abilities and successes have clearly illustrated that my 17th century observations that suggested that women were in any way inferior to men were erroneous. Thank you for your question.

Sincerely,
Baron de Montesquieu 



Citations:
 "Biographical Briefing on Baron De Montesquieu." N.p., n.d. Web.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you,Baron. I must say, I thought you were going to forget about the 'make for a good government' comment, but you were kind enough to bring it up again.

    Don't forget other female leaders, like Indira Gandhi or Benazir Bhutto or any of the many queens of England (OK, maybe except Mary I)...

    I don't think it will be long until we have a female president of the US..!

    ReplyDelete